Consumer Participation Development Coordinator
Support the development of consumer participation initiatives for a broadening range of funding models, programs and services in this newly created role!
- Part Time, 3 year Maximum Term contract
- Foster capacity building initiatives for a progressive Not for profit org
- Act as an Internal Consultant to support Service Development & Head Office functions
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
A critical aspect of the Consumer Participation Development Coordinator role is enhancing the capability of the organisation to progress consumer participation, to innovate, and to act as an internal consultant to support head office functions.
Neami requires an enthusiastic individual with a lived experience of recovery to support the development of consumer participation initiatives for a broadening range of funding models, programs and services.
About the Role
- Part Time (0.6FTE – 0.8FTE), 3 year Maximum term contract
- Available to work Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
- Foster and coordinate initiatives that support an active and inclusive approach to consumer participation
- Identify, communicate and integrate new developments and best practice
- Some after hours and interstate travel maybe required
Staff are valued and supported to learn and develop through regular opportunities to reflect on their practice at the team level and participate in targeted training. Some of the attractions of Neami that our staff talk about are:
- Sharing in consumer’s achievements and seeing their hopes come to fruition
- Work in a collaborative and supportive team
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching and mentoring with your supervisor
The values, skills, attributes and commitment of our staff are key to our success and reputation as a national mental health service that provides high quality support services to people living with a mental illness.
We are strongly committed to further developing and diversifying our work force as part of our strategic directions.
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds.
Further depth is brought by those from diverse cultural backgrounds, Aboriginal staff, and those with lived experiences of mental illness and recovery, all of whom are strongly encouraged to apply for any roles that match their skills and interest.
Senior Manager Innovation and Projects
Contact Phone Number:
(03) 8691 5300