Service Manager - YFlex
Seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic leader with sound leadership and coaching skills to improve outcomes for young people with severe mental illness
- Exciting leadership opportunity in mental health!
- Work within a values based, progressive Not for Profit organisation
- Inspire and lead a multi-disciplinary team
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role
- Full Time, Maternity Leave Contract until 15 March 2019
- Based in Mill Park
YFlex (Youth Severe Mental Health Service) is for young people aged 12-25 with, or at risk of, severe mental illness living in the East Melbourne PHN catchment areas of Whittlesea and parts of Mitchell and Murrindindi Shires. YFlex delivers recovery‐focused support with integrated clinical care that will maximise early intervention for young people who are hard to reach, aiming to minimise interruption to their developmental trajectory and community participation. The Service Manager is responsible for the ongoing management and development of YFlex.
- Work collaboratively with partners to improve and develop the overall service response to young people living with severe mental illness
- Play a key role in service development, including ongoing evaluation and review of service outcomes
- Initiate, lead and coordinate strategic community partnerships to improve health and wellbeing outcomes
- Lead, coach and mentor your team
What will you bring to the role?
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Understanding of the issues surrounding young people and a commitment to working with people who are disadvantaged within the community
- Ability to form relationships with external organisations
- Capability to work effectively as part of a team to meet program goals and objectives
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse and unique backgrounds
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the recovery model
- Current Victorian Working with Children Check
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- A Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check will be undertaken prior to commencement
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
In our most recent Staff Engagement Survey, 89% of our Staff recommend Neami as a great place to work, with 87% of staff proud to say they work for Neami.
“Neami’s been amazing for career development. I’ve gone through several different types of roles and positions. Over the last 11 years there have been so many opportunities to engage with, and the organisation really supports people to do that”
We acknowledge Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities as the Traditional Custodians of the land we work on and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We recognise that their sovereignty was never ceded. Neami National is committed to cultivating inclusive environments for staff, consumers and carers. We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We are an environmentally conscious organisation.
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet friendly environment
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, then please click the APPLY button now before Sunday 29 April 2018
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description please contact:
Name: Wendy Slinger, Regional Manager – Northern Victoria
Phone number: 0434 332 287
No recruitment agencies candidates need apply
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.